Re: OT: Politics and other non-Debian ramblings [Was:a dumb query? pls humor me]

Ron Johnson wrote:

The context I was thinking of when I wrote my post was with nation-states. What happened in the west I see as different than invading another country with political boundaries. What we did in the west was basically a migration of people that caused a problem with tribes already living there, and because the cultures were so different we clashed badly with their way of life. When hostilities would then break out we would send our army out to "protect" our citizens. Should we have acted differently? Yes. Was it the same as declaring war on Mexico so that we can expand our borders? No. I see a difference. We have never acted in that manner.