Re: Can't assemble 7.7 DVDs with jigdo

Serge wrote:
>Steve McIntyre wrote:
>
>> As far as I know it *should* be working. What mirror are you using?
>
>Yes, always Just Workedâ?¢ for me.
>
>First, jigdo tries my local one, recently updated from
>ftp.fi.debian.org, then snapshot.debian.org, then
>us.cdimage.debian.org. None of them has these files.

I checked up and realised I'd not finished creating the snapshots on
us.cdimage.debian.org, so I've just done that now. That should fix
that problem. However, as 7.7.0 is the current release all the files
should still be on the standard mirrors. What happens if you try
ftp.de.d.o, for example?

>Strange thing is, the last attempt did assemble the amd64
>main images (not the debian-update ones though, perhaps because
>I just killed the job when 404s started coming.) The i384 ones
>still lack things like initrd.gz and vmlinuz.
>
>Here are the full URLs in case it gives somebody a clue:
>
>http://localhost/debian/dists/wheezy/main/installer-i386/20130613+deb7u2+b3/images/cdrom/initrd.gz
>http://localhost/debian/dists/wheezy/main/installer-i386/20130613+deb7u2+b3/images/cdrom/gtk/vmlinuz
>
>(Aren't those 2013 substrings at least slightly suspicious?)

No, that's fine. Wheezy was first released in 2013, don't
forget. We've done updates (+deb7u2) and rebuilds (+b3) since, hence
the unwieldy version string.

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver." -- Daniel Pead