Re: Joey Hess is out?

Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@libertytrek.org> writes:

>> And because some devs want to placate those whiners, we get interminable
>> political games and good people quitting the project.
>>
>> Why don't the anti-systemd people do what they've been threatening the
>> whole time and fuck off to another distro or to FreeBSD?
>
> Wow. Just wow.
>
> Yes, there is a lot of FUD spread by anti-systemd people - just as there
> is by the systemd proponents.

Funny. I don't see the pro-side start thread after thread, or using the
political process to essentially 'fight bitter rearguard battles'.

> But lumping everyone who has serious questions about the direction
> systemd is going -

Who?

> as well as the main drivers of it - in with the 'whiners' is just
> plain wrong, especially ending with a 'fuck off' comment like that.
>
> I thought this list had some minimal etiquette requirements? Do the list
> moms really allow comments like the above to stand? If so, I guess
> Debian has fallen farther than I thought, and maybe it *is* time to look
> elsewhere - even though I just got here...

Don already upbraided me in private over my intemperate choice of words.

I still stand by the sentiment though. Just leave already. I read and
lurk on this list to learn from other people's problems and
occasionally help out myself. The constant whinging is not helping.

Mart

    --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.