Re: Prevent package from removal

On Wed, 05 Aug 2015 18:45:49 +0200
Floris <jkfloris@dds.nl> wrote:

> now the libstdc++6 transition is going on $ sudo apt-get
> dselect-upgrade is happy when I remove gdm3, gnome-shell and a lot of
> other packages. Is there a setting to prevent packages from
> un-installing? Like the big warning when you try to delete the
> base-files package.

apt-get upgrade or aptitude safe-upgrade shouldn't remove anything. For
the last few days I have been using Synaptic on sid, to try to find the
three or four packages which will upgrade without wanting to remove
anything, but I've got another page and a half held up at the moment.
And in 64-bit sid, openssl and lvm2 have been held up for bugs for
many weeks. It's not a quiet time.

--
Joe