Re: list installed packages present only in stable

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 10:16:03PM -0400, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
>> Not sure if you read the entire thread, I ended up writing a script to
>> do this now. So, if you want to see packages that are currently
>> installed on your system but not part of jessie, you can do the
>> following.
>
> Thanks, I hadn't finished reading all the thread, but I'll be sure to look at
> your script closely.
>
> my idle thoughts are we should make sure that this is something that can easily
> be determined using the standard tools on a Debian system, so I'm thinking about
> what enhancements to propose and to which tools.

Yes, I agree. If standard tools can do it, it will be better. But
based on my experience with [1] , I decided to write one myself to get
things going.

[1] - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=775771

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog