Re: Python Alternatives?

It sounds like the status of the /usr/bin/python link is really a mess with some people/distros doing one thing and others doing something else. I imagine it will settle down eventually to a commonly accepted standard. For now, though, it looks like using either a python2 or python3 shebang, as necessary, is the way to be compatible with most systems, not using a python shebang at all, as you don't know where that is really pointing for sure.