Sharing /boot and /lib/modules with multiple distros

I usually have three different distros installed.  I was wondering if I could have a separate partition (possibly in an extended partition) containing /boot and /var/modules that would be mounted in each of the distros.  This would eliminate having kernels, initrds and kernel modules duplicated for each distro, while allowing me to run lilo from any of them.  The only file that would need to be duplicated would be /etc/lilo.conf, and it doesn't take much space.  Is this a workable idea?

Marc