Re: ISO to external SSD

Gunnar Gervin wrote:
> Dan,
> 40-50% of my ssd, is that correct
> For i386 or amd64? If I take both
> I'll still have 149gb. Interesting. I can do it, because the original need
> of the ssd evaporated. Thus it's possible to try both into the old
> mac(hine). But in that list you linked to, are a lot more than those two
> ISO images. Would I need a virtual Pile of 1TB SSD's?

First off, most people don't want every version in the archive,
nor every architecture.

Second, the price of spinning disks is such that it makes no
sense to buy anything smaller than 4TB, which will fit all this,
and 6-8 TB are often a reasonable idea even for single users.
Package installs are generally dominated by random write speeds,
not bulk read speeds on the source media.

-dsr-