Re: Problem installing

On Sb, 02 oct 21, 17:57:46, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Oct 2021 10:54:41 +0300
> Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Not entirely. With no networking, the mini installer will make a
> > > bare minimum installation from its build-in micro-repository. All
> > > packages will be as of the date of the CD, of course.
> >
> > The mini.iso doesn't even contain the whole installer, it must
> > download more components via the internet. It definitely doesn't
> > contain any debs (as opposed to other small-isch images like the
> > netinst).
>
> Ah, perhaps a bit of terminology confusion? mini != netinst?
> I was referring to the netinst iso. The Getting Debian page does not
> mention any mini iso. https://www.debian.org/distrib/

It's on the Debian Installer pages, specifically under "other images
(netboot, USB stick, etc.)":

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/

(substitute 'stable' with the code name to download installers for
specific releases)

This is the official page for the development (testing) version of the
Debian Installer. For installing unstable/sid the daily images are
probably better than a 'stable' image.

https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

> Am I missing something here? Where, if it exists, is the mini iso
> documented?

Bits and pieces are scattered in various places, including blog posts of
the Developers.

Kind regards,
Andrei