Re: net.ipv6.conf.intf.disable_ipv6 behavior changes

Am 02.09.22 um 22:03 schrieb Casey Deccio:
> Then I ran tasksel and add Debian desktop environment and LXDE and rebooted.  At that point, disable_ipv6 does *not* work.
>
> Now, this does seem to narrow it down--sort of.

It does. And *now* I can reproduce.

task-lxde-desktop requires lxde,
lxde recommends connman-gtk (or others),
connman-gtk requires connman.

So connman's my prime suspect. (what a pun :D )

>  But the confusing thing is that the system on which disable_ipv6 currently *works* is also running LXDE.

lxde might be installed without connman, either ignoring the
recommendation, or having an alternative installed.

Let's double check whether our connman is in fact the culprit, and then
make arrest. (file bug report)

Thank you Casey for this little quiz. :D

Still please let us know in this list how it goes. :D
--
Kevin