Re: Advantages/Disadvantages of Open Source Software (Was Re: Package grub-xen-host breaks PV domains with 11.5 point release)

On 2022-09-14 at 08:51, Chuck Zmudzinski wrote:

> On 9/14/2022 1:03 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 03:41:11PM -0400, Chuck Zmudzinski wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> Actually, someone already has shown us how to do it better. His name is
>>> Linus Torvalds [...]
>>
>> I don't know what your aim is.
>>
>> I have the impression that it's just arguing for arguing's sake [1].
>>
>> [1] in the classical sense of "trolling", as per Wikipedia:
>>  "In Internet slang, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory,
>>   insincere, digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in
>>   an online community [...], with the intent of provoking readers
>>   into displaying emotional responses,[2] or manipulating others'
>>   perception.
>>   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolling
>
> So you are accusing me of being a troll. Well, it takes one to know one.

No, it very much does not.

> Congratulations! I am starting my own list of trolls on debian-user and
> you are the first member of that list.

Given the long, long history of helping people that Tomas has on this
mailing list, I think that if you want to convince anyone other than
yourself that Tomas is a troll, you're going to have a *very* heavy lift
(or a whole lot of lying) ahead of you.

(Mind, by my personal definition - which is a bit different from the
above, though probably still largely compatible - I'm not entirely
convinced that you're a troll either. But you're *definitely* behaving
in such a way that I do not blame others for reaching that conclusion.)

--
   The Wanderer