Re: reportbug: don't know: bug in apt [list] or in grep

Am 19.01.2023 um 13:13 schrieb Greg Wooledge:
> The fact that this *appears* to work is what causes so much confusion.
> It will "work" some of the time, but not all of the time, and you'll
> get different results depending on which directory you're in, on which
> computer.
>
> Bash has two other settings for handling unmatched globs.  The first one
> is called "nullglob", and if it's turned on, an unmatched glob is simply
> discarded from the command argument list.

I was really curious, how Greg would put words to this one. And i gotta
applaud: Such unambiguous explanations, and so circumspect at the same
time. Even understanding the basis for confusion, i could learn
something new from this (other settings ...).

Excellent post there!
Thank you
DdB