Re: repeat of previous question that has gone unansweredseveraltimes.

On 5/1/23 11:28, Brian wrote:
On Mon 01 May 2023 at 11:02:58 -0400, gene heskett wrote:

On 5/1/23 10:40, Brian wrote:

[...]

Your printing situation appears to be a sane one, so now for a test. Do

    lp -d HLL2320D_coyote ANY_FILE_YOU_WANT

Is not working, shell appears frozen but eventually returns:
gene@bpi51:~$ lp -d HLL2320D_coyote printer.cfg
lp: The printer or class does not exist.

But HLL2320D_coyote does exist. It is seen in the outputs of 'lpstat -l -e'
and 'sudo lpinfo -v'. Give

   lpoptopns -p HLL2320D_coyote
gene@bpi51:~$ lpoptions -p HLL2320D_coyote
device-uri=ipps://HLL2320D%20%40%20coyote._ipps._tcp.local/cups printer-info='HLL2320D @ coyote' printer-make-and-model='Brother HL-L2320D series' printer-type=25202710

   lpoptions -p HLL2320D_coyote -l
gene@bpi51:~$ lpoptions -p HLL2320D_coyote -l
lpoptions: Unable to get PPD file for HLL2320D_coyote: The printer or class does not exist.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis