Re: disk usage for /usr/lib on bullseye

On Mon, 2023-05-01 at 13:51 +0000, Bonno Bloksma wrote:
[...]
> On my Bullseye machines the /usr/lib folder is 2+GB on the machines that have been operating for a while and 1+G on a machine that has been operating for a shorter while.
>
> The cause seems to be the folder /usr/lib/modules#
> linams:/usr/lib/modules# du * -sh
> 4.7M    5.10.0-10-amd64
> 4.7M    5.10.0-11-amd64
> 4.7M    5.10.0-12-amd64
> 4.7M    5.10.0-13-amd64
> 4.7M    5.10.0-15-amd64
> 4.7M    5.10.0-16-amd64
> 309M    5.10.0-18-amd64
> 309M    5.10.0-19-amd64
> 309M    5.10.0-20-amd64
> 309M    5.10.0-21-amd64
> 309M    5.10.0-22-amd64
> 4.7M    5.10.0-7-amd64
> 4.7M    5.10.0-8-amd64
> 4.7M    5.10.0-9-amd64

I think I see the same issue. I just looked at /usr/lib/modules and see
one extra directory for kernel that isn't installed (5.10.0-18-amd64).
Because this issue seemed familiar I looked at my bash command history
and that has me cd'ing into that directory and doing a du command there
and then deleting stuff. So I guess I've also resorted to manually
cleaning it up in the past.

--
Tixy