Re: repeat of previous question that has gone unansweredseveraltimes.

On 5/1/23 17:22, Brian wrote:
On Mon 01 May 2023 at 20:59:50 +0100, debian-user@howorth.org.uk wrote:

gene heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

I'd think I could start by comparing cupsd.conf's, but miss And I
can't see the trees for all this forest in the way in both, but
missing is a client.conf. I think... But that is probably whats
wrong, me thinking.

Your directory listings showed that both had a ppd directory, but you
didn't show the content of those directories. Since your error message
was specifically that it couldn't find the PPD, the first thing I'd do
is compare those two directories.

The message was not about not being able to *find* a PPD. Finding something
implies it already exists. Here is the message againn:

lpoptions: Unable to get PPD file for HLL2320D_coyote: The printer or class
does not exist.

And it did not exist until the lpadmin created it.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis