Re: repeat of previous question that has gone unansweredseveraltimes.

On Wed 10 May 2023 at 16:02:43 -0400, gene heskett wrote:

> On 5/10/23 14:22, Brian wrote:

> > > That is the first thing cups docs tell you to do, see "printer sharing"
> >
> > A link would be ever so useful.
>
> send browser to cups.org, click help, in right pane, click "printer
> sharing", scroll down about a screenfull to Automatic using IPP

Thanks to you and debian-user@howorth.org.uk. Note that this page is for Apple
CUPS. The one for Deian CUPS is at

  https://openprinting.github.io/cups/doc/sharing.html

Havong said that, it should also be noted that the /etc/cups/client.conf is used
when a local spooler is not required and is presented as to be used only as
absolutely necessary. Hardly "the first thing cups docs tell you to do". Why is
it absolutely necessary in your situation?

Additionally, a client.conf overrides the default local  server. All the analysis
in this thread has been carried out assuming a functional local  server, so I do
not know where that leaves us now if a client.conf has been in the mix all the time..

--
Brian.