Re: SOLVED:Re: repeat of previous question that hasgoneunansweredseveraltimes.

On 5/12/23 05:18, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
On 2023-05-11 21:34:11 -0400, gene heskett wrote:
On 2023-05-11 18:24:39 -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
My questions would be:

1) Can you put *both* Listen lines in, to keep loopback working?

The cupsd.conf(5) man page says: "Multiple Listen directives can be
provided to listen on multiple addresses."

My results seem to indicate otherwise.

I don't think that you even showed anything. The only test you
should do about that is to try to connect to the port, e.g. with
telnet (or nmap can probably tell you). If the connection isn't
immediately refused, then the Listen directive is OK.

For instance:

zira:~> telnet localhost 631
Trying ::1...
flushoutput character is 'off'.
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

Fine. And you can try the same thing from a different machine on
the network, replacing "localhost" by the IP address of the server,
e.g. from another machine on my network:

$ telnet 192.168.1.3 631
Trying 192.168.1.3...

I'm not able to test that on the bpi's, telnet is not installed.
because my CUPS server just has

Listen localhost:631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock

If the connection is accepted with telnet by using multiple Listen
directives, then the Listen configuration is correct. If you can
see any other issue related to the printers, then the problem is
due to something else.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis