Re: EPSON ET M 1120 new printer: If You can read this,youareusingthe wrong driver

On 5/16/23 11:30, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 10:52:28AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
gnutls28-dev worked, all tests pass. thanks Greg. How do I now make
installable deb's? I think I have dh installed.

I wouldn't even try.  That would be a *project*.

Chuckle, but sir, I am doing it, for linuxcnc n an rpi4b! I can install them over the top of the buildbots output if I want, or if the buildbot gets a tummy ache.

This is the sort of thing that you install in /opt or /usr/local and
write your own systemd unit files or init.d scripts for, possibly
cannibalizing the Debian ones if they exist.

If it works, I'd prefer the packaging system knows about it.

That said, since this involves printers, I would just ask Brian what
to do.  He seems to know them extremely well, certainly better than I
do, though that's a low bar to pass.

.
Thanks Greg.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.