Re: A hypervisor for a headless server?

Andy Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, Jun 02, 2023 at 02:39:43AM +0000, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> > Please don't just say "kvm". I've tried installing different
> > combinations of "qemu-kvm", "virt-manager" etc and they all depend on
> > dozens of GUI tools.
>
> "kvm" is the generally accepted answer. None of the GUI tools are
> necessary, they are optional extras. There are thousands upon

So what's the package name for just "kvm" without the GUI tools? Because

# apt install kvm
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Package kvm is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'kvm' has no installation candidate

--
Victor Sudakov VAS4-RIPE
http://vas.tomsk.ru/