Re: A hypervisor for a headless server?

On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 02:39:43 +0000
Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru> wrote:

> Please don't just say "kvm". I've tried installing different
> combinations of "qemu-kvm", "virt-manager" etc and they all depend on
> dozens of GUI tools.

I think the problem that you are running into with qemu-kvm is that while the package doesn't "require" GUI tools, they do "recommend" them.  If you turn off "install-recommends" in your apt config, you may find that you can install it without the GUI tools.

"virt-manager", on the other hand, appears to be fundamentally a GUI tool.