Re: swap-fle on arm64, need to disable, how?

On 01/10/2023 10:21, hw wrote:
Well, zram is the way to go; why would you still use swap partitions
or swap files instead?

The topic of this thread is a *Pi board. It does not have as much RAM as significant part of x86_64 laptops and desktops with installed Fedora.

It seems, Gene it trying to run some CNC software and Firefox to control it, perhaps some CAD. I suspect that some of mysterious issues are caused by not enough RAM. Adding swap on a hard drive instead of ZRAM may relief some issues.

However I would consider moving most of application to another machines. My suggestion is to monitor RAM usage and to avoid overloading of *Pi boards. Perhaps swap may be still necessary for complicated CNC tasks.