Re: Mailutils+nullmailer: sender full name

On Thu, Oct 19, 2023 at 09:10:50PM +0200, Gertjan Klein wrote:
> Op 19-10-2023 om 15:00 schreef Greg Wooledge:
> > Traditional Unix terminal- or command-line-based MUAs inject new messages
> > into the outgoing mail queue by piping them to /usr/sbin/sendmail.
>
> That means, as I believe Stefan pointed out, that they leave authorization
> to this single program, for all users of the system. For me personally that
> doesn't matter. But I wonder if this would nowadays be considered unsafe.

If one of your users turns out to be a spammer, you eventually discover
this, and lock their account.

Once the spam stops coming from your system, then you can try to get your
IP address removed from all of the DNS spammer lists.  Usually there's a
web form you can fill out.  Or the listing may expire after a while.