Von: Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater@einval.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2023 12:04
An: Schwibinger Michael <hbss@hotmail.com>
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: Panic again any idea IV

On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 10:59:09AM +0000, Schwibinger Michael wrote:
> Good morning
>
> Thank You.
>
> I do booting.
> Crash.
> Bug report I did send.

Hi Sophie,

Thank you. You didn't really send a bug report

+++
I know.
But how can I produce a bug report
when the PC is frozen?

that we could use.
If you could write down what happens, it would help

+++
I do booting---> Crash

I do booting from HD
I interrupt booting and I do change to recobery mode
then there is DEBIAN 11.

> I do booting recovery mode
> all is fine.

So: you are running Debian 11.

+++
Yes.

You boot from an install medium.

++++
I do booting from HD
like every day before.

Instead of "install", you choose "recovery mode".

++++

Sorry no.

Morning.
I push button of PC

PC is starting

DEBIAN tried to boot.

Now I interrupt booting
change to recvery.

That works for you. Am I right so far?

++++
Maybe.

I try to boot from HD
in the morning.

Next question:

Is this on a desktop or on a laptop - what *sort* of computer, what type?

++++
Its a desktop PC.

> Can I check the PC using recovery mode?

The recovery mode looks very like an install. If you work through, then you
should eventually be asked which filesystem to mount as your main partition.

+++
I think no.

When I do chose recovery it is booting like an OK-Debian.

If you are able to mount the original root (/) partition, you may also be
able to find out any logs or error messages written to disk which may help
diagnosis of your problem.

+++
How do I mount?

When do I have to mount?

You may be asked whether you want to reinstall Grub to make the system
bootable

++++
Then I have to say YES?

> What error message is on the screen when it fails to boot?
> Id did send it.
> I only make a screenshop with a digicam
> because the PC is frozen.

Sorry that wasn't readable.

++
Its made with a digicam.

> Does the same thing happen if you boot off a live operating system image?
> Yes.

Can you show us - maybe by using the live system to export the install
logs?

++++
Sorry.
I dont understand.

I put LIVE CD in
I start booting.
Same crash like booting from HD.

++++

Second question here.

Can I read out
install logs during using recovery?

Or grub?

> I tried to kill Debian by install it new with a LIVE CD.
> Same bug report.
>

> Have you changed anything recently?
> What did I do?
> Update to 11.
> Boot and crash.
> Now I do use recovery mode.
>
> No change in any files.

Last and final question for now:

Do you have anything that you *need* on this computer - any data that is
important to you?

+++
No.
I do daily backup.

 If not, I would suggest that you use a new install
medium for Debian 12 - the netinst at https://www.debian.org/index.de.html

+++
Sorry for stupid question.

Do You think
PC is accepting
LIVE CD 12
but not accepting Debian 11 LIVECD?

> Has someone checked that the memory is seated correctly in the slots?
> Yes.
> The hardware is fine
> also because recovery does not have a problem:
> GIMP
> Burning
> GEDIT
> CAWS