Re: Alternative to NetworkManager on Debian 12

On Wed, Nov 01, 2023 at 10:17:16AM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
> tomas@tuxteam.de composed on 2023-11-01 12:12 (UTC+0100):
>
> > More "down to the bolts" folks use ifupdown (I do). If I stick an Ethernet
> > cable into my laptop I want to be able to say "sudo ifup eth0".
>
> That's more than I need to do. systemd-networkd.socket notices and appropriately
> responds to the ethernet cable connection without any help from me.

But this is exactly what I /don't/ want "just happening". That's why
I am more than happy with plain, simple ifupdown.

I was just pointing at the fact that even ifupdown can automatically
bring up an interface on connect (cf. allow-hotplug), courtesy of
udev.

So many ways to cut the cake :-)

Cheers