Re: Anybody familiar with dd (copy)?

Hi,

Am 03.11.2023 um 20:37 schrieb Schwibinger Michael:
Good evening
I want to copy a problem-DVD to HD with DD.
Or is there any other software which can do it in an easy way?

Is this a vide DVD or data?

I found:

dd if=/dev/sr0 of=/tmp/dvd.bin conv=noerror oflag=direct

It does not work.

What does happen? If you do not give information that allows to determine the error (if there is one) we can at best guess.

What do I do wrong?

You forgot to describe what actually does happen. I believe that there were quite a few instances where people explained that you have to provide information if you want useful replies.

Cheers,

Arno

Regards
Sophie