Von: Arno Lehmann <al@its-lehmann.de>
Gesendet: Freitag, 3. November 2023 20:25
An: debian-user@lists.debian.org <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Betreff: Re: Anybody familiar with dd (copy)?

Hi,

Am 03.11.2023 um 20:37 schrieb Schwibinger Michael:
> Good evening
> I want to copy a problem-DVD to HD with DD.
> Or is there any other software which can do it in an easy way?

Is this a vide DVD or data?

> I found:
>
> dd if=/dev/sr0 of=/tmp/dvd.bin conv=noerror oflag=direct
>
> It does not work.

What does happen? If you do not give information that allows to
determine the error (if there is one) we can at best guess.

> What do I do wrong?

You forgot to describe what actually does happen. I believe that there
were quite a few instances where people explained that you have to
provide information if you want useful replies.

Cheers,

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann