Re: touchpad buttons sometimes stop working for several seconds

On 2023-11-08 12:06:10 +0700, Max Nikulin wrote:
> On 04/11/2023 15:59, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > On 2023-11-03 09:48:16 +0700, Max Nikulin wrote:
> > >  From the "See ... for details" page

> [...]
> > https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/1.22.0/touchpad-jumping-cursors.html
>
> I think <https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/touchpad-jumping-cursors.html>
> has a bit less chance to became outdated.
>
> > Unfortunately, this doesn't allow me to see whether this could be
> > related.
>
> My point is that events detected as jumps may suppress software buttons.
> Since not all such events are logged, it may be not so easy to find
> correlation. Perhaps there are debugging options to enable logging of all
> jumps.

The question is what suppresses software buttons. If this is libinput
that suppresses them (just like it suppressed pointer moves when
typing, while pointer moves are still reported by the kernel), then
this is unrelated to my issue.

> Debugging an issue (that perhaps is unrelated to input devices) I have
> realized that there is an older driver xserver-xorg-input-synaptics that you
> might try instead of libinput. Several years ago I installed this package to
> make tap to click working, but likely it is not necessary any more in my
> case. I have to "upload" an update to my memory that current default driver
> for touchpad is xserver-xorg-input-libinput.

I could try, but I fear that this will not change anything as this
is the kernel that doesn't report the clicks.

BTW, I often accidentally touch the bottom of the touchpad with the
palm of my hand (this may be because the touchpad is very large),
yielding multitouch (rather annoying). It might be what causes the
issue under particular circumstances. I'm wondering whether something
can be done about that (note: if I put something thick over it, this
disables the accidental touches, but this prevents the buttons from
working, as a consequence).