Re: D12 Installer does not recognize rtl8xxxu wifi

On 08/02/24 at 19:24, Felix Natter wrote:
Dear debian-users,

I put this on a stick and booted it:
debian-live-12.4.0-amd64-gnome.iso

When I boot the live option, the network is immediately loaded and I can
connect to a WIFI network. However, if I use the same stick
(or one with debian 12.4.0 netinst) with the installation option,
the LAN is recognized, but WLAN is not.

Hope I'm wrong, but I've heard that D-I has trouble with USB devices other than keyboard and mouse. The rtl8xxxu module is usually for USB NIC, if it's the case I think you can rely only to LAN for the installation.

Cheers,
--
Franco Martelli