Re: Bluetooth sound problems Debian 12 GNOME

Good news. Looks like I have solved the problem. As a last resort I have bought another one wi-fi receiver, third one. It has Realtek RTL8763BW chip and two antennas. And finally all works fine. I have spent some hours, using Bluetooth headphones, waiting for problems, but they hadn’t occur. Small problem is that LTS Kernel 6.1 doesn’t support this device, so I have used Liquorix kernel, which I have installed earlier. Though, I don’t need this kernel, as it haven’t helped me with sound interrupts, which was my hope at first. So… I bought more old Wi-fi receiver with Realtek RTL8761BUV chip with antenna and it also works fine, and also works with stable 6.1 kernel.

I am glad that situation found its resolution, though it is strange for me that USB-dongle Bluetooth receiver (I don’t know the exact model) and receiver on an internal wi-fi adapter (AX 210) have worked so poorly both. Though I was in the distance not more than 2 meters from receiver.

Thanks for help

пт, 15 мар. 2024 г. в 05:21, Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com>:
On 14/03/2024 19:06, Jan Krapivin wrote:

> What do you think about QUANT parameter in */pw-top/*? Can it influence
> sound quality? I wasn't able to change it with
>
> pw-metadata -n settings 0 clock.force-quantum 2048

Sorry, my experience with tuning PipeWire is limited to switching audio
profiles (A2DP codecs, HSF) from UI.

I think in you case it would be more productive to enable debug logs
either in bluetoothd or PipeWire to find either the host or the device
drops or lost connections causing pauses till reconnect.