Re: Installing Acquire::IndexTargets requires a second 'update' - any workaround?

On Mon, Mar 07, 2016 at 01:13:26PM +0100, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> There is nothing to solve. Split out the config file into another package
> and bootstrap that earlier. We can't just magically update things in the
> middle / after an upgrade.

That's not "nothing", it is "something" (something like "if you want a
new installation to have files fetches as an IndexTarget then you need
to include the configuration into your bootstrap set, maybe by creating
a package without dependencies just to hold this file"). Fetching new
IndexTargets after installing packages wouldn't be "magic". It would be
a new feature.

Thanks for the replies anyhow. We will go and work around this
limitation.

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney@debian.org ]