Re: [gopher] What's my IP address in gopher!

The problem with trying to make a gopher site rfc 1436 compliant is
that almost no gopher site is rfc 1436 compliant. Gopher as it is used
today has been extended in several ways. This isn't 1993, after all.

Something I'd like to see happen is to get a new standard drafted, not
one that introduces new changes, but one that acknowledges the de
facto changes to gopher so that people don't have to dig around a wide
array of documents looking for how to use URL links and what item type
goes with video or audio or pdfs. A  Gopher 1.1, not 2.0.

Also, whenever user cgi scripting gets back in gear at SDF, I hacked
together a minimalist what's-my-ip that is friendly to dynamic dns
scripts and the like: gopher://sdf.org/0/users/wt/ip.cgi (currently,
it's down.)

Until it's back up, though, feel free to implement it yourself. It's
one line of (m/n/g)awk: BEGIN{ print ENVIRON["REMOTE_HOST"] }