Re: [gopher] What's my IP address in gopher!

On Sun, 06 May 2012 14:03:34 -0700
"Bradley D. Thornton" <Bradley@NorthTech.US> wrote:

> You're pontificating rant about relevance and obsolescence from your
> own, narrow, personal perspective is ridiculous and foolish. People will
> continue to use the tools that are relevant to accomplishing the tasks
> at hand, regardless of your lack of intelligent input and useless
> negativity.

Apart from you drifting into a personal level trying to insult you
didn't get the point of my post. I agree that people will always use
the tools which seem fit to the task at hand even if those tools are
regarded as outdated by others. So the claim that gopher is obsolete
might be questioned from that point of view.

But that's not the point of my post. The point is that the OP's claim
is wrong. That is, it's not the i item type at all why gopher has no
relevance on smart phones. And abolishing it won't help the situation
either. It is just that gopher's heyday is long but over and it will
probably never come back again.

Now call that a foolish and unintelligent opinion if you want.

Dennis

--
Dennis Schulmeister - Schifferstr. 1 - 76189 Karlsruhe - Germany
Tel: +49 721/5978883 - Fax: +49 721/5978882 - Mob: +49 152/01994400