Re: Updated lsbappchk and lsblibchk packages

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Christopher Yeoh wrote:

> I've uploaded updated lsbappchk (1.2.0) and lsblibchk (1.2.0) packages
> to the freestandards.org ftp site (beta area). Changes include:
>
> - Resynchronisation with LSB database
> - Adds support for PPC32
> - Renumbering for lsb 1.2 spec release
>
> Unless there are relevant updates to the LSB database or bug reports
> then the IA32 versions of the packages will be frozen for the formal
> certification program. I am seeing some symbol versioning errors on my
> system from lsblibchk but perhaps I just need a more recent version of
> libc and so would like some confirmation that the database is correct.

Seeing versioning arrors here too, which were OK in previous version:

Checking symbols in /lib/lsb/libc.so.6
Didn't find setdomainname (unversioned) in libc.so.6
setdomainname has version GLIBC_2.0, expecting unversioned

Checking symbols in /lib/libncurses.so.5
Didn't find setupterm (GLIBC_2.0) in libncurses.so.5
Warning!!! Found unversioned symbol setupterm,but expecting version
GLIBC_2.0

Just grabbed latest CVS of glibc, and it still shows setdomainname as
GLIBC_2.0.

Stew Benedict

--
MandrakeSoft