Debian Installer 6.0 Release Candidate 2 release
January 22nd, 2011
The Debian Installer team is pleased to
announce the second release candidate of the installer for Debian 6.0
Improvements in this release of the installer
- Keyboard configuration for the graphical installer fixed for several languages.
- Don't overwrite MBR of installation medium; support for hybrid and hd-media has been fixed (closed #568529).
- The old warning about GRUB 2 being experimental (present on the expert mode installation) has been removed (closed #610365).
- The Debian GNU/kFreeBSD kernel has been updated to 8.1+dfsg-7.1, making
possible various changes as:
- removal of non-free firmwares;
- right display of some UTF-8 characters;
- fix some messages about track alignment.
Known issues in this release
See the errata for details and a full list of known issues.
Not yet known issues in this release
We need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer, so please try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything else you will need are available at our web site.
The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this release.