Debian Installer Stretch RC 5 release
June 13th, 2017
The Debian Installer team is pleased to
announce the fifth release candidate of the installer for Debian 9
This will be the last release candidate, and the next upload of the debian-installer package will be used for the final Debian 9.0 build, without a separate announcement for the installer.
Improvements in this release
- Only enable a resume option if a suitable device exists (#860403).
- Since the firefox browser no longer fitted on the Xfce CD, the installation guide was removed from those images to free up some space, so that firefox fits again.
- Make sure gen-hd-image exits as soon as an error is triggered (See: #864260).
- Adjust buffer size again, to avoid overlapping.
- The rdnssd package is no longer installed automatically for IPv6 setups. Depending on package installation choices, it could prevent network-manager from being installed (#854801).
Hardware support changes
- Bump partition size for armhf SD card images from 40MB to 100MB (for both hd-media and netboot), since it became too small for some setups. This fixes missing files for the A10-OLinuXino-Lime platform, and allows developers for easier debugging (#864260).
- Add support for systems with a large number of disks (>= 27), which can happen in some JBOD setups (#839894).
- udeb: Add efivarfs to efi-modules, which can be needed to retrieve firmware or configuration bits from the Debian Installer (#862555).
- 75 languages are supported in this release.
- Full translation for 21 of them.
Known issues in this release
See the errata for details and a full list of known issues.
Feedback for this release
We need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer, so please try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything else you will need are available at our web site.
The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this release.