Re: Why the GR is not necessary

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 05:41:11PM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:
> Unless, you've spoken to 'most people', then you can hardly expect to
> know whether or not they think Jim is a nutcase.  Or indeed, a fucking
> nutcase. I know I don't.  I think that Jim's position (that the social
> contract should not mention non-free) is perfectly tenable (I believe
> I understand the reasoning behind it; Jim thinks Debian is about free
> software).

read his previous message whining about not wanting to be forced
to support non-free, and you might understand why i said he was
representing himself as a 'fucking nutcase'.

note that i didn't call him a 'fucking nutcase' (because i don't think
he IS one) - i said he was making himself look like one, in the hope of
shocking him into realising what a stupid corner he was backing himself
into in the heat of the moment.

craig

--
craig sanders