Re: Mutt & Mail-Followup-To header (Re: old bugs info)

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 21:27:22 +0200 (+0000), Fabrice Gautier wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 01:39:44PM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> >
> > BTW, your Mail-Followup-To header was wrong ("bridgett" is not a local
> > email address on my machine).
>
> We are a few with this broken header - at least I noticed 3.
> Here is what I think is the explanation. This occurs if you :
>
> 1) use mutt
> 2) have declared debian-devel as a non suscribed list in your .muttrc
>    ( lists debian-devel )
> 3) have not set your email adress in mutt (you leave this task to exim
>    or maybe another MTA)
> 4) You reply to the list using the "List" command (L is the default keybinding)

1,2,3, I hit "g" for group reply..

> To workaround this declare the list as suscribed ("suscribe" instaead
> of "lists" in your muttrc, so mutt wont add the Mail-Followup-To
> header) and declare your email adress in your .muttrc

s/suscribe/subscribe/ :)

> if the above is correct, this mail shouldn't have a broken header.
> (Otherwise ...)
>
> Hope this help

Let's see...

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@iname.com
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux  -*-   because I'm allergic to Prozac   -*-  www.debian.org