Re: Intent to Package: Mozilla (,...)

On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 04:43:16PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 09:36:53AM -0500, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:
> > > BTW if I may ask, that the (even partial) packaging is done (or
> > > uploaded regularly to) master or va, so that we can attract more
> > > beta testers among developers (and maybe users) - and get more bugs
> > > discovered and progress made faster?
> >
> > How about putting it up via CVS?  It would make much more sense in the
> > context above.  In fact, I'm working on getting a new Alpha with TONS of
> > disk space soon.  If I can manage that, I'd be happy to host a CVS of
> > mozilla (and even mirror their ftp site).
> >
> > In the meantime, though, maybe we still have room on cvs.debian.org.???
>
> Although I would be satisfied with a .diff.gz, it'd be nice if you
> people decided to build it on va (since admins said va is idle now),
> that way you can all work together in one place, not disturbing anyone,
> and it would be easy for other interested people to fetch.
>
> IIRC Mozilla already has its own CVS repository at the home site,
> so there's no need to duplicate it.

True... perhaps the debian/ directory could be added to the mozilla CVS
repository, a la the GNOME CVS repository, so that all that needs to be
done to do a current CVS package is get the files and run debian/rules
binary (or dpkg-buildpackage)?  Just a thought, after noticing the
inclusion of the debian/ directory in the GNOME CVS... :)

--
Stevie Strickland                    |  325912 Georgia Tech Station
sstrickl@resnet.gatech.edu           |  Georgia Institute of Technology