Re: Volume on -devel

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Branden Robinson wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 17, 1999 at 01:40:10PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> > The results: of 1596 postings, 1158 were from developers, 438 were not.
> >
> > These are the top posters amoung non-developers:
> >
> >      40 no: Navindra Umanee <navindra@cs.mcgill.ca>
>
> This guy's in my killfile anyway.  He's either a troll or a moron, either
> way he should go back to being an anonymous coward on slashdot.

And that's an appropriate comment for this forum, is it?

I find Navindra playing devil's advocate to the FHS useful, even if I
can't agree with his points.

> >      24 yes: Branden Robinson
>
> I myself am in the top ten.  Hmm, perhaps I should show more restraint.  Of
> course, several of my mails were, I think, ascerbic one-liners which eat up
> less real estate than long, rambling quasi-essays.

<hypocrisy>

And you're proud of acerbic one-liners?  ;-)

</hyposcrisy>

Personally, I think splitting the lists, along with some carefully
designed charters, are the way forward.

Jules