Re: Let's CENSOR it! (was: Uploaded anarchism 7.5-1 (source all) to master)

Ben Collins <bmc@it.larc.nasa.gov> writes:

> This isn't about censorship, this is about Debian being a software
> distribution. As for the bible arguments, it is distributed as an add-on
> (iirc) for fortune which makes it work with a system related program. The
> anarchist package is nothing more than an html mirror.

> If we don't draw a line, we will have OCR fanatics scanning in all kinds
> of material and packaging the entire library.

We don't need OCR fanatics to scan anything.  Project Gutenberg has
about 400MB compressed of Public Domain literature waiting to be
packaged.  This would add a good 800MB (source+binary packages) to
Debian.

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu