Re: Beer Swap (was Re: Volume on -devel)

Well, as a developer to be, I suggest that initial e-mails of this sort be put
on the list, but that those who are interested can respond in a private e-mail.
If you are interested, send to the person who organizes the event.  That person
can then either set up a small mailing list, or a mail alias to then organize
the group.  There was a quite a bit of e-mail sent out by Joey Hess when he was
organizing those who were involved with LinuxWorld in San Jose, and it didn't
need to be on the list, so it wasn't put there.  It works. With that said,
perhaps the idea of regional "developer" mailing lists may work.  There's the
"global" devel list, perhaps pre-set local area lists can be set up for those
interested in getting involved.  It would also allow other groups interested in
Debian to find a user-group near them.  This really isn't a -devel issue, so
let's either move this discussion to another list, or to private e-mail.

						Dave Bristel
						targon@targonia.com