splitting debian

Previously Josip Rodin wrote:
> The problem is that our sound section contains only five (5) MB of
> packages. It would say it would be downright outrageous if someone
> distributed only that on one CD :)

You need to split at a much higher level, and give each new subset
its own sections. Simple example:

    subset                 sections

    debian-base            admin, base, devel, libs, etc.
    debian-science         astro, biology, electronics, math, etc.
    debian-docs            manuals, tutorials, religous
    debian-multimedia      3D, animation, editors, sounds

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl