Re: Intent to package XFCE

On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 12:17:25PM -0800, Darren Benham wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 03:04:27PM -0500, Kevin Donnelly wrote:
> > I am a new maintainer and I am going to package XFCE, an easy to use,
> > lightweight window manager and toolbar that uses XForms.
> >
> > Source can be found at: ftp://www.xfce.org/pub/xfce/
>
> What's the license.  If it's GPL, we can't even distribute it in non-free

License:

"Regarding XFCE, permissions to use, copy and distribute this software
without fee is hereby granted. You can modify this program for your own
use as long as you do not redistribute it, unless you clearly specify
original name (XFCE) and author (Olivier Fourdan, fourdan@csi.com) and keep
original copyright intact."

Some parts of the code are from fvwm2 and have the license:

"Copyright 1994, Robert Nation. No guarantees or warantees or anything
are provided or implied in any way whatsoever. Use this program at your
own risk. Permission to use this program for any purpose is given,
as long as the copyright is kept intact."

--
Debian GNU/Linux Developer             | "Disobedience is the true foundation
Kevin Donnelly <kdonn@debian.org>      | of liberty.  The obedient must be