Debian etexts

Jonathan Walther writes:
 > So I agree with the guy who said we should have an "etexts" section, with
 > things priority "optional".

See the policy extract in my other mail - the priority should be
extra.

Otherwise yes, why not a section or distribution for etexts.  I'd be
in favor of a new distribution, as it would make it easier for CD
vendors and mirrors to exclude this non-essential part.

Building it would also probably encourage people to build better
integration tools for etexts, which tools would be eligible for the
main distribution.  For now the default mechanism is doc-base, which
may not be the best approach wrt non-software-related contents.

About the etexts-browsers issue, maybe we can put them in contrib, or
a similar place, to make it obvious they are to be used with non-main
stuff.  But this should surely be discussed.

--
Yann Dirson                         |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?
           <ydirson@multimania.com> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux: