Re: Request for help packaging two existing applications

>> "WS" == William Stearns <wstearns@pobox.com> writes:

WS> I also have one called Buildkernel which automates the entire
WS> kernel build process.

Debian has the excellent kernel-package package. The package can
create proper Debian packages with custom kernels in few simple
steps. So I believe you came too late, at least for Debian.

WS> files.  I already have them available as a .tar.gz and an rpm, but
WS> would like to see them available as .deb packages as well.

Just a note: To make a package "official", it has to be uploaded by a
developer. So either you can apply for Debian developer status, or a
developer is interested in packaging your programms.

This is irrelevant, if you only want to place them on your homepage,
but want to give users their native format.

WS> Would someone familar with the packaging process be willing to
WS> help me pack it up?

The (low-volume) mailinglist debian-mentors is there just to help with
this. See http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/subscribe

You should also take a look at the available Documentation in the
Developer's Corner (http://www.debian.org/devel/index.en.html),
especially the Debian Policy at
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ , the New Maintaines Guide at
http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ and the Debian Packaging Manual