Re: sendmail/glibc2.1 question

"Ivan E. Moore II" <rkrusty@tdyc.com> writes:

> I'm having a strange issue with sendmail now...I recompiled it
> against glibc2.1 and the new libdb2 and it compiled fine and
> executes fine...but doesn't stay resident.  I find no errors
> in any logs and no errors when running it from the command line.
>
> (fresh install of slink upgraded to potato (2 days ago) running
> on kernel 2.2.3)
>
> any ideas?

the only way i got sendmail to work was to get libdb2 version 2.4.14-3
(it was in incoming i don't really know what happened to it). and then
put it on hold because there is a libdb2 version 2.6.4-1 which screws
everything up (which in the meantime was renamed, etc.). anyway libdb2
2.4.14-3 doesn't use epochs so dselect won't install version 2.4.14-3
even if it replaces 2.6.4-1 in the distribution. you'll have to
install it manually.

so having said that libdb2 2.4.14-3 finally got sendmail working
again (i have the same setup, kernel 2.2.3 glibc2.1). oh, i still use
the old sendmail i never got sendmail compiled against 2.6.4 to work.

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |