Re: If Debian wants to grow, let it grow. Or: King James reading Anarchy FAQ

> Debian proper, why can't they be moved into contrib?  That way, the contrib CD

Because contrib is not like redhat's "dumping ground for outsiders",
it is for "nearly free" packages.  Everything in contrib has the
potential to move into main if something from non-free gets liberated.

We also have a "dumping ground": it's called "your own web page" :-)
That's one nice thing about rpm: the dpkg-equivalent tool takes urls,
not just filenames...  apt-get isn't nearly that convenient, though it
is very useful for what it does do.

			_Mark_ <eichin@thok.org>
			The Herd of Kittens
			Debian Package Maintainer