squid, openldap, and local4 in syslog

The latest squid package in potato writes it's logging data to local4 although
I haven't seen any mention of this in the documentation.
The latest openldap package in potato is documented as logging data to local4
but does not appear to do so.

I think that ideally we would have local? logging entries in syslog setup for
different categories.  So if squid and apache share a log level while openldap
and postgresql share another then it might be a reasonable use of logs.  But I
don't think that squid and openldap belong together.
Also ideally documentation should reflect what the programs do...

I have not reported this in the BTS as I think that we should determine what is
the right thing to do in this regard before bugs are reported (although I guess
I could report bugs about the documentation).

--
I am in London and would like to meet any Linux users here.
I plan to work in London for 6 months and then I might move to some other