Re: Intent to package: mason

On Fri, Mar 26, 1999 at 06:12:11PM -0600, Jeff Licquia wrote:
> Steve Przepiora wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
>
> [lots of bugs]
>
> I'll keep track of these and help get them fixed if I can.
>
> I'd appreciate any information as to what version you used, what you did, output
> you saw, etc.

Sorry, I don't have a log or anything available on this.

> It is beta software; however, it does (IMHO) fill a need.  When it's ready, I
> think it will be a valuable addition to Debian.

Yes, it does fill a need, that's why I tried it.

However, I think a program should never directly change essential system files
in /etc. Any inexperienced user (like myself sometimes) can completely
break his system with mason. It would be better if it would just advise
on what to change, but that's my opinion.

Joop
--

 Joop Stakenborg PA4TU, ex-PA3ABA <pa3aba@debian.org>
 Linux Hamradio Applications and Utilities Homepage