Re: moving of dinstall run time on master.

Adam Heath wrote:
> The current time that dinstall runs, 1:53pm CST(local), 7:53pm UTC, makes the
> mirror pulse happen around 3:30pm(9:30) to 5:30(11:30).  This is during peak
> network hours.  This is wrong, and this has to be changed.
>
> I want to move the time that dinstall runs, and I was thinking about making it
> run at midnite(12:00am, 6am UTC).  This would put the mirror pulse at 1:30am
> (7:30) - 3:30(9:30).
>
> This email is not a discussion about whether to move dinstall's run time.  It
> will happen no matter what.  This email is to discuss possible alternatives.
>
> Did some initial discussion on irc(irc.debian.org(also irc.openprojects.net)
> #debian).  Why can't we have dinstall run several times a day, and only have
> the mirror pulse run once?  Can dinstall's parts be run separately like this?

Did you notice that you are offending the people who are doing
the ftpmasters job?

This is the ftpmasters job.  You don't have ANY right to change their
work (or their crontabs) as they are still around.  You should however
contact them and discuss the issue.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
	-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum